Saturday, November 2, 2013

Another week down, only 12 more to go...Wow.

This weekend was pretty exciting. I got to spend it with friends when I wasn't studying. We went to Williamsburg had a great time. Then, I got to watch the Denver game with some other friends. Go Tim! I can't believe week on is already over. Looking back at last semester and ahead, the semester ahead seems so short and yet we have so much to learn. It's kind of exciting. Dean Cook always says, "you have 3 years to become the best lawyers you can be." I think that's very true. My professors remind us often to work at our subjects with all of our hearts, as pleasing unto the Lord. That's an important perspective to keep in mind with anything we do. It reminds us in the busyness that it's not about us, but Christ. He is the one who called us to this mission.

Some exciting news to report: I was accepted to be a part of a student volunteer team for the Center for Global Justice, Human Rights, and the Rule of Law. I'm so excited to begin working with the Center, because it is the reason I came to this school. Its goal is to equip advocates to seek justice for victims of oppression and slavery, both domestically and abroad. Many of my friends came to Regent because of this Center. Its seeks to fight against sex trafficking, slavery, poverty, and other forms of injustice. Actually, many Regent alumni have been sent out to work in places like D.C., India, Cambodia, Africa and so many other places to work against these issues, which is a great thing for us because we get to network with these great people. My hope is to work toward the rights of children in the foster care system and for adoption issues. So in short, it's exciting to start working on the issues that i'm passionate about, while i'm studying all of these not so exciting subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment